Most importantly the world-wide opening of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug! (A review is coming soon, so don't worry.) But that is certainly not all. Go beyond the break to check out the latest reviews, interviews, spoilers, and much, much more!
- United Cutlery is offering some pretty cool Hobbit props - from the Mace of Azog to the Staff of Thranduil. Check it all out at their official site.
- The European Premiere at Berlin, Germany took place on December 9. Check out the highlights here.
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Soundtrack is available on iTunes, both regular and special editions.
- For those ultra-hardcore fans, classic Tolkien artwork by the Brothers Hildebrandt, dating to the 1970's, is now exclusively available in new formats! Browse the entire collection here.
- Natalie Grigson set up a fictional property listing of Smaug's Lair, aka Erebor, on the real estate blog Movoto. If you are interested, be sure to take a look. However, it is quite expensive, listed at $6,181,783,380.
- TheOneRing.net has uploaded a series of interviews with various members of the cast and crew of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, including Richard Armitage, Martin Freeman, Dan Hennah, Benedict Cumberbatch, and Luke Evans. The interview with Martin Freeman is posted below:
- Weta Workshop has released a few new items of interested for sale, including a gold coin from Smaug's hoard and an oak leaf from Bag End.
- Martin Freeman answers fan questions on MSN UK. Nice socks! See the video below:
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug brought in $18.8 million on its opening night, and a total of $31.15 million of Friday. All told, it brought in 73.68 million its opening weekend. Some very nice stats! Find out more at BoxOffice.com.
- Also a new poster (a portion of it is at the top of the post, has been added to the gallery.
As always, feel free to leave a comment if you have a problem with the site, a question, comment, or just want to say hello. And leave a like or +1 if you liked the post! They are much appreciated!