A Photo of Kili (And Bilbo)

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Now, before you go and read the rest of this post, I want to warn you of potential SPOILERS that may ruin your experience of watching The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. The following image shows Bilbo and Kili sitting in what appears to be the house of Beorn. I also want you to know that I do not have any official affirmation that this photo is real. I found it  posted on the timeline of the Fili - Brasil Facebook Page, and even they were not 100% sure it is from The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. For the purposes of this post, however, we will assume that it is.
As I mentioned before, this picture shows Bilbo Baggins and Kili, obviously quite merry, sitting inside what appears to be the hall of Beorn, the shape-shifter. The ornate, carved bench Bilbo is sitting in is a little too large for hobbits and dwarves. Its rustic carvings, especially the bear head, points towards ownership by a large man who has an affinity for bears. Bilbo is also holding some sort of bucket, probably an over-sized mug for holding ale, which explains where their merriness comes from. Overall, this image does not really give that much away.  The only thing that puzzles me is the orange and yellow thing in the bottom right corner. If you have any ideas of what that may be, be sure to leave a comment!

2 comments :

  1. I'm guessing that this is a shot taken of the actors between shots, not a clip from the actual movie. As for orange thing, it kinda looks like a water balloon. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I thought of that. You may be right, but, as I mentioned in the post above, I am not sure of really anything about this photo, so I can't prove you right or wrong. I've only seen this photo in one other place, and they were not even sure if it was from The Desolation of Smaug. It's a puzzle that needs solving!

    ReplyDelete